The Five Year Plan
Annual Cost $130,000 - Five Year Cost $650,000
- Recruit targeted new businesses compatible with our existing business & industry.
- Attract new high-skilled workers.
- Forge strong alliances among local, state, & federal government agencies.
- Secure federal funding to continue implementation of the Railroad Relocation Plan.
- Advocate for incentives to encourage urban infill and redevelopment.
- Establish Property Development Grant Program to aid existing building owners in modifying their building exteriors.
- Expand and enhance services to existing business and industry.
- Advocate Pro-Business Permitting Regulations and Practices.
Community Master Plan
Annual Cost $120,000 - Five Year Cost $600,000
- Develop and implement a community-wide master plan for the Greater Greer area to determine what the community will be like in 2030.
- Develop and implement a community plan for beautification of entranceways and gateway corridors with development standards.
- Develop a plan for a Visitors Bureau, Visitors Center and other tourism opportunities.
- Establish a task force to determine how we can capitalize on healthcare as a "destination" for Greer.
- Develop a Transporation Master Plan to include traffic, parking, garage, multi-modal, and pedestrian.
Quality of Life
Annual Cost $40,000 - Five Year Cost $200,000
- Maintain an environment of beauty and developing a friendly, outgoing community spirit.
- Establish a task force to determine "quality of life" issues and amenities for the Greater Greer Area and establish a program to implement their findings.
- Advocate the development of a cultural arts center.
- Create venues to establish and exhibit public art.
- Promote quality education in Greer public schools.
Annual Cost $30,000 - Five Year Cost $10,000
- Support marketing and branding efforts to further Partnership projects and programs.
- Commuunicate regularly with the Greer area PFT shareholders to monitor the progress of this program.